April Board Meeting
The next regular meeting of the Board is scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2015, 7:00 pm and will be held at the Ashe Arts Council.
Mountain View Wins - Elementary Battle of the Books
4th and 5th Grade Teams:
Mountain View Wins - Battle of the Books
6th, 7th and 8th Grade Teams:
ACS Employment Opportunities
New Certified Positions (Updated March 23, 2015)
Girls Got Game Basketball Camp 2015
Students at Blue Ridge Elementary School Celebrate Reading
Students at Blue Ridge Elementary School Celebrate Reading as Participants in Fourth-Annual "Read the Most Coast to Coast". Click here to read press release
March CTE Student of the Month - Thomas M.
Thomas M. is currently working as an intern for the Welding I class this semester. He has proven to be a valuable asset to the welding program where he has taken and excelled in all three levels offered at ACHS. He works well with other students and is able to help teach beginning level student’s techniques to help them with their skills. He also has the skill to design and fabricate things on his own that add to the functionality of the welding shop. He plans on furthering his education in becoming a master welder upon leaving ACHS and will undoubtedly do well in his future endeavors.
Thank you to Parker Tie Co. and Mr. Rick Woodie and DeWalt Tools for sponsoring the CTE Student of the Month at Ashe County High School.
Beginning Teachers Workshop
Ashe County High School National Technical Honor Society
Awards and Recognitions
- Teacher Assistant of the Year nominees and Ashe County’s 2014/15 Teacher Assistant of the Year—Dwayne Farmer, Judy Stallings, Pam Potter and Sherry Shepherd
- Teacher of the Year nominees and Ashe County’s 2014/15 Teacher of the Year—Keana Triplett, Gordon Prince, Summer Severt, Frances Eller and Kristina Norris
- Participants in the Governor’s Teacher Network—Courtney Eller, Rachel Nave-Lewis and Sonya Vannoy
- 2014/15 National Board recipients—Josh Beckworth, Christy Rivers and Keana Triplett
- 2014/15 North Carolina Outstanding Secondary Math teacher—Josh Church
- 2014/15 Principal of the Year—Callie Grubb
- Excellence Award from the National Government Finance Officers Association to the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Department for the 2012/13 fiscal year
Annual School Report Card Release
NC Guide to Strengthening Our Public Schools
Regional Teacher of Year - Keana Triplett
Keana Triplett, English teacher at Ashe County High School was named as the North Carolina Northwest Region 7 2014-2015 Teacher of the Year. Click here to read Press Release.
The Ashe County Board of Education expresses their sincere appreciation to the employees of Ashe County Schools.
Mrs. Callie Grubb named Ashe County Schools Principal of the Year 2014-2015
Click here to read press release.
ASHE COUNTY SCHOOLS PRINCIPALS
Jason Krider, Ashe County High; Earl Pennington, Ashe County Middle; Jennifer Robinson, Westwood Elementary; David Blackburn, Mountain View Elementary; Callie Grubb, Blue Ridge Elementary.
Ashe County Driver Education 2014-2015 Schedule
NORTH CAROLINA DRIVING SCHOOL INC.
Click here for Driver Education information and schedule
Ashe County, North Carolina
Thanks to Germain Media for letting us share these beautiful scenes in Ashe County!